Bowers & Wilkins 703 S2
The 703 impresses with innovation and elegance. This speaker fully exploits the potential of strong bass lines, while its Continuum™ midrange and carbon dome tweeter reproduce vocals and tweeter effects crystal clear.
Carbon Dome™ tweeters are a brand new technical innovation, specially developed for the 700 Series. They make a huge improvement on the aluminium twin dome tweeter, raising the resolution threshold to 47 kHz and delivering precise imaging and hair-splitting detail.
The silky, accurate Continuum™ cone midrange driver reproduces voices and instruments with clarity and precision.
The midrange drivers in these floorstanding loudspeakers feature a decoupled design adapted from a similar system in the 800 Series Diamond. The decoupling reduces cabinet coloration and increases the clarity of the midrange.
Developed using advanced computer modelling techniques, the Aerofoil™ profile bass membrane is designed with different thicknesses to provide stiffness and strength where it is most needed. The result: deep and dynamic bass.
- Model: 703 S2
- Description: 3-way bass reflex system
- Features: Decoupled carbon dome tweeter / Continuum™ cone FS midrange / decoupled midrange / Aerofoil™ profile bass cones / Flowport™
- Chassis: 1 x decoupled carbon dome tweeter with high frequency power (ø 25mm) / 1 x Continuum cone FST midrange driver (ø 150 mm) / 2 x Aerofoil profile bass cones (ø 165 mm)
- Frequency response: -6 dB at 30 Hz and 33 kHz
- Frequency response: 46 Hz-28 kHz ±3 dB
- Sensitivity: 89 dB SPL (2.83 V RMS, 1 m)
- Distortion factor: 2nd and 3rd harmonic (90 dB, 1 m) / <1 % 90 Hz-22 kHz / <0.5 % 120 Hz-20 kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ω (minimum 3.1 Ω)
- Recommended output stage power: 30 W-200 W at 8 Ω (undistorted)
- Dimensions: Height: 990 mm (casing only) 1025 mm (incl. base) / Width: 200 mm (casing only) 320 mm (incl. base)/ Depth: 300 mm (casing only) 321 mm (incl. grill and connections) 370 mm (incl. base)
- Net weight: 25,0 kg
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Further products by BOWERS & WILKINS