Arcam rSeries products are about getting the best sound from any audio device. These products can be used with any audio system and are an excellent way to enhance your audio system.
The rPhono is specifically designed to replace a built-in phono amplifier or to connect a turntable connection to your existing amplifier. He is the latest addition to the rSeries.
The rPhono benefits from more than 40 years of Arcam's analogue audio experience, using the highest quality parts in a layout optimized for low noise and minimal distortion. Thanks to the multilayer PCB, our designers can maximize the quality of the ground plane, further reducing interference between components. By using several low-noise, individually adjustable power supplies, the rPhono delivers the cleanest signal to the audiophile quality amplifier.
With a host of features specifically designed to make the most of your turntable cassette, the rPhono is the perfect solution for the vinyl enthusiast. Moving coil users benefit from precise impedance matching using high-quality trimmers instead of discrete steps, while users of moving magnets have a variety of capacity options. An optional low-frequency rumble filter eliminates the effects of distortions or pressure irregularities that can occur with some vinyls.
Precision components provide excellent RIAA response and first-class performance data, so the rPhono will delight any music lover.
The rPhono is an easy way to improve performance independent of the turntable and transfers Arcam-quality sound to any system.
- Moving Coil & Moving Magnet Support
- Adjustable input impedance 50-550Ω (MC)
- Adjustable input capacity (MM)
- rumble filter
- Precise RIAA filter reaction
- High-end audio circuit
- Stylish cast aluminum housing
- Frequency Response, Rump Filter OFF: 20Hz-50kHz +/- 0.2dB, -3dB at 7Hz
- Frequency Response, Rump Filter ON: 45Hz-50kHz +/- 0.2dB, -3dB at 20Hz, -13dB at 10Hz
- THD + N (at 1 kHz, 5 V output), MC input, 30 dB gain: 0.005%
- THD + N (at 1 kHz, 5 V output), MM input, 30 dB gain: 0.0015%
- System gain, MC input: 60, 70, 80 or 82 dB
- System gain, MM input: 30, 40, 50 or 52 dB
- Input impedance, MC input: 50-550Ω + 1nF
- Input impedance, MM input: 47 kΩ + 120, 220, 340 or 440 pF
- Equivalent noise (A-weight, 40 dB MM gain), MC input: 0.06 μV RMS
- Equivalent noise (A-weight, 40 dB MM gain), MM input: 0.5 μV RMS
- Output level, nominal: 0.5 V RMS
- Output level, maximum: 6 V RMS
- Power requirement (max): 12 V DC, 2.0 A
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 194 x 44 x 124 mm
- Net weight: 1.1 kg
- Enclosed accessories: power supply with replaceable plugs
- Stereo phono phono cable
- DIP switch and pot trimming tool
- Operating instructions and registration card