The 6000CDT is a dedicated CD transporter that contains the same slot loading mechanism as audiolab's flagship 8300CD CD player. It is extremely robust and reliable and uses a digital read-ahead buffer to reduce read errors. This allows scratched and damaged CDs to be played that cannot be read with conventional mechanisms.
The sound of science
The 6000CDT is the latest CD transport from Audiolab. Using audiolab's slot-loading mechanism, digital read-ahead mechanisms are used during transport to reduce disc reading errors and to achieve the highest possible digital signal extraction from a large number of CDs. It can even read scratched and damaged CDs that cannot be read with conventional mechanisms. The integrated digital decoder uses digital coaxial and optical outputs to ensure maximum versatility.
The master clock is controlled by a temperature-compensated quartz oscillator, so that the digital output from both coaxial and optical sockets has very little jitter (digital distortion).
In addition, the coaxial output is fed by a differential line driver to ensure that a proper digital signal reaches the associated DAC.
By mounting the transport device in its own electromagnetically shielded housing and its own power supply, the digital signal extraction from each CD is as accurate and precise as possible.
- Digital output voltage level: 600 ± 50 mVpp
- Frequency response: <0.01dB @ 20-20kHz
- Output impedance: 75 ± 1Ω
- Max. Sampling rate: 44.1 kHz
- Max. Energy consumption: 15W
- Standby power consumption: <0.5 W
- Power requirements: 240 V ~ 50 - 60 Hz
- 230 V ~ 50 - 60 Hz
- 115 V ~ 50 - 60 Hz
- 100 V ~ 50 - 60 Hz
- Dimensions (mm) (W x H x D): 445 x 300 x 65.5 - including feet, connections and controls
- Box size (mm) (W x H x D): 512 x 467 x 146
- Weight:5,4 kg (net)