Pro-Ject Power Box DS2 Amp
The Power Box RS contains a large toroidal transformer with integrated shielding between the primary and secondary windings. This acts as an isolation transformer and prevents interference from the mains power from entering the amplifier. This transformer has significantly greater power reserves than the normal power supply. With its low output impedance, combined with large capacitor capacitance, the Power Box RS provides sufficient power for a stereo or two mono power amplifiers.
Note: To avoid influences of the strong magnetic field, do not place the power supply and amplifier directly above each other. Every amplifier, including a "digital" one, is sensitive to the quality of the supply voltage.
Compatible with: Amp Box DS2 & DS2 Mono, Amp Box RS & RS Mono, Stereo Box RS
The following connection cables are included:
Standard interconnect cables are included. High quality Connect it Power RS/DS cables, with superior shielding and transmission in suitable lengths, are optionally available for Power Box DS2 Amp!
Magnetic real wood side panels in walnut, rose nut & eucalyptus are sold separately & not included.
- Suitable for Pro-Ject Audio Systems amplifiers
- Compatible with Amp Box DS2 & DS2 Mono, Amp Box RS & RS Mono, Stereo Box RS
- Generally significant sound improvement in dynamics, bass and staggering of the sound stage
- Large toroidal transformer with copper shielding
- High purity power supply without switching power supply
- Very low output impedance
- Replaces original "switching" power supplies
- Capacitor capacity 40,000 uF (low ESR type)
- Magnetic side panels in eucalyptus, rose nut and walnut available separately
- Input voltage: AC 230V/50Hz IEC C15 connector (120V/60Hz US)
- Output voltage/current: 2 x 48V / 2.5A DC
- Screening capacity: 40,000 microfarads
- Ripple: 7mV
- Dimensions W x H x D: 206 x 71 x 209mm
- Weight 4.2kg